While I’m delighted with the interface of TimelineJS and its implementation with Django platform, I need to add a few custom fields in order to meet my Prayer project. The project requires start and end times not only their dates and also a foreign key in Event model to my custom model so that I can relate events with their organizer.
Here’s the workflow to customize the 3rd party apps with my research on web.
- Fork the 3rd party apps – simply click “Fork” button on the third party apps to create your separate repository.
- Clone it on your local machine– type
1git clone [url for your repository]
- Add the cloned to your local repository – moved to the cloned directory and hit
1git add .
to add the local files to local directory.
- Modify files according to your requirement
- Commit the changes
- Push the local commit to remote repository – type
that’ll bring the locally committed changes to GitHub.
- Done! – you may check the local changes can be found on remote GitHub server.
- Install from GitHub to your local machine .
1pip install git+[url for your GitHub repository]
It’s slightly different from the #2 to git clone. You need additional “git+”. So in my case it should be:
1pip install git+https://github.com/ryokamiya/django-timelinejs.git
Otherwise the command will fail as the error of “Cannot unpack file”